Search Engine Marketing
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is an umbrella term that refers to a range of services including natural Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Pay-Per-Click Marketing (PPC).
The strategic goals are simple:
- Increase online visibility; and
- Increase measurable revenue influenced by the web.
To achieve these goals, a disciplined and mature approach to Search Engine Marketing is essential.
Why invest in Search Engine Marketing?
These statistics state the importance of addressing natural search optimization and pay-per-click marketing as soon as possible:
- 92% of journalists use search engines to research stories
- 76% of journalists use search engines to find an expert source for a story
- 77% of business decision makers research products and companies online
- 63% of all searches for purchases over $50,000 occur between two and six months before the purchase decision is made
- 47% of business decision makers say the web has influenced them to make a purchase or obtain a service for their business
These figures show the tremendous opportunity you have to gain a distinct competitive advantage online. Unfortunately, the same opportunity is open to your competition.
The company that acts first, most proficiently, and, most intelligently, will be the winner in online visibility and credibility among search engine users.
Don't ignore the technical implications of your content management system selection on search engine marketing. Some system do it well and other don't.
Having confidence in a content management system to serve the ongoing marketing activities of the business is a critical decision and should not be overlooked.
We built boomsocket
as a search-engine friendly content management system (CMS), designed to compliment and augment the tactical execution of paid search and organic search...because you need your site to work for you long after the site has been launched.